We love using our building as a community hub. Currently, we have space and time slots available for one-time events as well as weekly bookings; especially during the day.
Our gym is booked most evenings, but is available during the day. We also have a large sanctuary with seating arranged to allow for social distancing (with an attached kitchenette); a small Reading Room (small library type of meeting space); and children’s classrooms (nursery, pre-school/kindergarten, and school aged); as well as a lounge (mid-sized meeting space).
Our Sanctuary is equipped with a projection screen and sound system – it’s a lovely concert venue.
The type of one-time activities we can accommodate:
- Movie screenings events
- Annual General Meetings for community organizations
- Music recording (for albums or demos)
- Piano (or other) recitals
- One-time (band or performance arts) rehearsal space
- Birthday, anniversary, retirement and holiday parties
- Social events, dinner parties, family reunions
- Weddings and receptions
The type of weekly activities we can accommodate:
- Playgroups and parenting support groups
- Half-day nursery school
- Piano lessons (includes use of our piano)
- Yoga, dance, fitness and martial arts classes
- Drumming circles
- Weekly community and hobby groups (such writing circles, handcraft circles, art-making, book clubs)
- Weekly (band or performance arts) rehearsal space
- Social services client activity space
- Art exhibitions/shows
- Office space (includes free wifi)
- Shared workspace (includes free wifi and coffee)
RENTAL RATES FOR GYM AND SANCTUARY:
- One Time Event: $60/2 hours; $80/4 hours (1/2 day); $150/8 hours (all day)
- Events in a Series: $50/2 hours; $70/4 hours (1/2 day); $130/8 hours (all day)
- Social Service: $40/2 hours; $50/4 hours (1/2 day); $100/8 hours (all day)
- Our gym is not available in the evening, due to existing bookings.
- We have a new accessibility ramp for entering the sanctuary. This is the first step in a three step accessibility project. Watch this space for updates on step 2 and step 3.
- Renters with events that include alcohol (such as wine-tasting parties) are responsible for getting their own event liquor license and insurance.
- We have some limited time slots available in our kitchen (regularly inspected by the KFL&A health unit).
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a tour or inquire for specific days and times.